WHO WE ARE:
We are an interdisciplinary network of committed, caring and compassionate professionals who are ready to build a partnership with you in your child’s journey towards health and wellness.
Regular visits to the doctor, up to date vaccinations and adhering to dietary recommendations are important components of a journey toward wellness. However, studies have shown that these things are necessary, but not sufficient. Living well requires a commitment to a lifestyle that addresses all of the components of a good life. This includes actively addressing social influencers that we call The 7-Disciplines of Wellness (7-DW) (commonly known as The Social Determinants of Health).
WHAT WE OFFER
Restorative Pediatric Consults™ provides a complete assessment of an individual’s health status by applying a standardized 7-DW tool. The result is a customized whole lifespan road map to wellness. Together, our interdisciplinary team of practitioners and community networks help you navigate your child's journey towards health and wellness.
We use a strength-based approach to childhood behavior modification by helping parents discover and identify their child’s strengths. Those strengths guide the development of a customized action plan to address areas of weaknesses.
From early childhood and throughout late adolescence, Restorative Pediatric Consults works with you and your Primary Care Pediatrician to support your child's wellness.
HOW ARE WE UNIQUE
Restorative Pediatrics provides a holistic, community based wellness network designed and managed by members and their health and wellness care network. Our customized family centered approach to wellness provides care that is:
The negative impact on prenatal and perinatal development of the fetus resulting from environmental and Emotional stressors and toxins is clear. Evidence points to the impact of these same forces on both men and women at the epigenetic level. Epigenetic gene modification leading to changes in gene expression contribute to the development of chronic disease. These epigenetic changes are heritable by way of their impact on ovarian and sperm genetic signature. The health of both egg and sperm are crucial to reduce the incidence of childhood and adult onset illnesses that compromise both quality of life and reduce its longevity.
We tap into otherwise missed opportunities in health care encounters, to prepare, educate and model the lifestyle needed for men and women of pre-conception age to to reach optimal health.
Direct Services and Sequential Educational Modules including:
Neonatal and Infant Care (0 - 4 weeks)
- Home visits provide breast and chest feeding support, family counseling and sibling rivalry management during the first 6 months of life.
- Nutritional and Botanical Support for breastfeeding mothers
Early Childhood Care (18 months – 3 years)
- Powerful Play
- Trust and Independence - Parenting young leaders
Middle Childhood Care (3-5 years)
- Experiential Health Education
- Social Emotional Learning
- Nurture vs Nature
- Creativity Science based family play techniques
- Effective sleep hygiene
- Alimentation-Organic Gardening and Nutrition
Late Childhood Care (6-12 years)
- The Human Body – Movement Science
- Gardening and Environmental Science
- Nutrition, Food as Medicine, Culinary Arts
- The Human Body: Love the Skin You’re In-Part 1
- Belonging: Relational Dynamics – Part 1
- The Human Body: Love the Skin You’re In-Part 2
- Belonging: Relational Dynamics – Part 2
Adolescent Care (12-20 years)
- Whole Lifecycle Education:
- Financial literacy;
- Career Planning: (Purpose/Presence/Power)
- Sick visits-diagnostic sessions within Network consultations
- Behavioral Health Adjunctive Care (Autism Spectrum Disorder, ADHD, Digital Media Addiction)
- Symptom based care (Applied Behavioral Analysis, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy)
- Mental Health – in Network Psychiatry, Psychology, Therapy and Counseling
The Intensive Restorative Primary Care Program (IRPCP) will be available to members with Autism, ADHD and/or Digital Media Addiction. These short-term intense encounters will run for 6 weeks, meeting three times a week for 60 minutes. These focused encounters bring parents together around parenting and nutritional education; wrap-around support network; couples and family therapeutic models that employs conventional and complementary techniques to address these chronic conditions. IRPCP will provide specific Tool Kits that contain an overview of best practices as well as insights on managing the condition over time, such as outcomes and specific challenges across the lifespan.
- Intensive Ambulatory Care: Behavioral Health Screening tools, Developmental Pediatric Neurocognitive and Neuropsychiatric Assessments.
- Direct care or Community Network (outsourced) services as part of Wellness Roadmap: Speech Therapy, Occupational therapy, Physical therapy, Sensory Integration, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Strength Based Intervention
- Supportive Ambulatory Care: Complimentary supplementary care for Asthma, Obesity.
- Nutritional Education
- Lifestyle modification
- Economic empowerment
- Community Advocacy and Agency
- Health & Wellness Retreats